Wednesday, January 11, 2006

About this blog

Let me start off by saying that I am a diehard Mizzou fan. I show up at football games in time to watch Marching Mizzou perform the nation's best pregame show, and I stick around Mizzou Arena to sing Old Missouri after the game, even when the Tigers lose. I've traveled all over the Midwest to watch the Tigers play, and I've never left a game early. It's not just about revenue sports: baseball, volleyball, women's basketball, gymnastics, soccer, softball... I've attended all of them in my day. And the good news is, things have started looking up over the last month or two.

But at the end of the day, we all know that being a Mizzou fan is about coming up just short. It's about ALMOST winning the big game. It's about ALMOST scoring when it matters most. It's about an athletic department that ALMOST makes the right decisions. It's about ALMOST getting the refs to be on our side... just once... maybe. Anyone who follows Mizzou sports knows what I am talking about:

-Tyus Edney
-The Fifth Down
-The Flea Kicker
-Steve Young
-Scott Padgett
-Oklahoma's fake field goal
-Ricky Clemons
-Paige Laurie
-Dooling's phantom charge

The list seems to go on forever. So, this blog will attempt to follow the trials and tribulations of being a Mizzou fan. I'll probably also throw in some commentary about other things going on in the world of sports as the mood strikes me. In the end, I will hope one of the Tiger teams proves me wrong. I will hope that Mizzou can bring home a conference or national championship. I will hope that Mizzou will live up to its potential. And I will hope to someday watch a Tiger victory with confidence, not constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. Wishful thinking? Maybe. But I believe it will happen... someday.

The content of this site is primarily written by five recent graduates of the MU School of Journalism and administered by me -- aka Tiger Fan. Thanks for stopping by. Your feedback is always welcome.

No comments: