Sunday, March 26, 2006

In case you're curious...

Well, we know that anyone who claims that they had George Mason, Florida, UCLA and LSU in the Final Four is either lying or made a deal with the devil. But I thought this might be a good time to update you on my experiment:

"Actual picks" bracket: With Florida and UCLA correctly in the Final Four, I have 780 points and sit 38,978th in ESPN.com's competition, which places me in the 99th percentile. But that is likely to drop because I only picked UCLA to advance... and UConn to win it all.

"Best places to live" bracket: Because of earlier picks, this one is in the 91st percentile, but it has more upside. I've got UCLA and Florida going to the final in this one... which seemed outlandish, but now has a very real chance of happening.

"Better mascot" bracket: This one is in the 41st percentile and falling. It's toast.

So there you have it... so far, my actual picks are holding up better than my ridiculous picks. But the scary part is, the "Best places to live" bracket could end up as the overall winner. As I suspected, this just goes to show that the whole process of filling out brackets is completely ridiculous and based mostly on luck. So just sit back and enjoy... it's not every day you get to see two SEC teams, the most storied program in college basketball history and little ol' George Mason square off for a national title. It should be crazy!

No comments: